0

Colour.

Wellington fashion pretty much consists of black and grey. And while, admittedly, I am a fan of the monotone on occasion (or in my blog format)... I do get massive urges to splash out, dye my hair bright orange, wear rainbow leg warmers and roam the streets throwing glitter everywhere... That's why I love designers like Carly Harris who don't believe in the dark side. And although probably out of many price ranges (including my own), window shopping costs surprisingly little and similar items are easily found at Glassons (it's oh so classy... and yes I shop there too). I did buy a dress from her the other week which my bank account nearly divorced me for... but it makes me happy :) I am currently only wearing it around the house as any damage to it would most probably cause my early demise...

Colour can also be found in makeup and ChiChi is the prettiest. Thanks to Alys and Andrea I now have enough eyeshadow to last me and future generations for many, many years.

I think I'd love to visit Japan where colour is the norm and creativity is standard. Perhaps I'll get there one day (once I stop buying expensive dresses...)

Moral of the rant: be colourful, be happy.

x.

0 comments:

Back to Top